OCTOBER IS BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH
Ten Tips For Breast Cancer Prevention
- Have a yearly mammogram starting at age 40 and a clinical breast exam every year. Start self breast exams at age 20
- If you decide to have children, breast feeding is another way to lower your risk of breast cancer.
- If you have a family history of breast cancer you should avoid alcohol. If there is no family history you should not have more then 3 drinks a week.
- Consume healthy fats: first cold press extra virgin olive oil, canola oil, fats from seeds, nuts, whole grains, avocados and wild alaskan sockeye salmon.
- Watch your weight
- Get plenty of exercise
- Eat plenty of veggies
- make sure you are not deficient in vitamin D. Have your vitamin D checked yearly.
- Eat plenty of soy and legumes
- Get your fiber from whole grains, cereal, fruits and brown rice.